Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Athletics Writing

As I jog up to the starting line of our first activity, Sprints, I'm feeling nervous but excited because I have no idea where I'm going to come.

All of a sudden I hear a loud "Clap", woops I'm supposed to be running.
"Come on, come on!" I'm thinking as I start to motor and catch up with the others.
"Man, I never knew I could sprint so fast. Oh, there's the finish line. Yes!! I came 2nd, that means I'm into the semi-finals."

Now we're on to my favourite; Long Jump. It was over so quickly, literally all I did was run and jump.
Now that was a definate 3 for me, so off I potter and plonk down behind the 3.

Next is Shotput, unfortunately my least favourite.
"Oh no, these are the heaviest things ever!" I thought as I was trying to hold it in one hand.
Finally my arm went dead so I eventually managed to throw it.
"Two!" shouted Mrs Wiggins.
So, you know what happened next.

After Long Distance and Discus it was my next favourite; Hurdles.
Yet again the clappers went and this time I was actually awake.
"Huh, Slap, Huh, Slap!" was all I heard from my fellow competitors as I was leaping. When I crossed the line Mr McNaught yelled "Maddy and Ana."
Which meant I was into the semi-finals.
"Yippee!"

Now...For the most AWESOME one of all................................................HIGH JUMP!!!
I rushed over to the right hand side ready to go.
"First", TC announced "We'll start with 75cm."
"Oh, I was hoping it would be a little bit higher than that", I thought.
And as I said before I hardly even had to run to get over it.
The next level was 90cm.
"Yay! I made it over."
Next is my favourite level 1m.
"Ok, I've got to make this one. Here I go."
I run, I jump and I................................................................Make it!!
"Wohoo", I yell.

Athletics day was really cool. I reckon it was the best athletics day I've ever had at Riverdale!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment